Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thanks to EVERYONE!!

Wow, another year gone by, another year closer to 40! I know, I didn’t make a post on my birthday, but it was done INTENTIONALLY !!! The less I think about my b-day, the less I think about how much older I’m getting. But it was a great one none the less. My wonderful grandmother cooked me some of the best fried chicken in the south, and even made me one of her famous made-from-scratch carrot cakes. Yes, she even make the cream-cheese icing from scratch… I dare you to tell me your grandmother is better!!! :-) I love ya, Maw-Maw, you're the best!! Thanks for giving me the best birthday lunch a man could ask for.. Ashley and Dakota should did enjoy themselves as well. Hopefully Dakota won't tell his Nana that your food is better….

Overall we had a great weekend, we got moved into the house, got unpacked, and cooked a whole lot on the new grill. After being without a outdoor grill for 18 months I sure did some catching up this past weekend. I broke the grill in with some wings that my brother still says were burned… but he must have still enjoyed them b/c he ate like 15 of em.. He's just jealous b/c my grill is bigger and better! Thanks to my wonderful Mother and StepFather for buying me all the grill nessecaties for my B-day, GREAT PRESENT!!

Last night was a hoot, I was outside grilling burgers for the 4th, and before I knew it my realtor and his kids show up looking for a bar-be-cue that I'm planning on having this Friday. Good to know that realtors pay close attention to detail… :-) Anyway, they came at just the right time to enjoy some of the best Bacon Cheesburgers, I really do think I could give "Cookout" a run for their money… We all had a great time, and enjoyed the neighborhood fireworks. You could defintely tell who actually "crossed" the border to get the better ones….

I would like to end this post, but expressing a BIG THANK YOU, to all my family, friends, and loved ones who helped make this weekend one that I will never forget. Thanks for all the wonderful b-day and housewarming gifts, and help with the move. I can't wait to see you all again this weekend as we celebrate our housewarming together with even more family and friends… I just hope we have enough parking!

-- And a quick note to my baby: You will never beat me in FORZA, but I love you baby… Keep Trying! --

No comments: