Well, where do I begin but to say WOW! Finally a blog of our very own to share our life together! This is a wonderful surprise that my sweetie put together (b/c he is so dang smart!) How blessed I am to have such a wonderful, God-loving man in my life. We just got from home from Mosaic an awesome praise and worship service in the Artisy district of Charlotte. Tim and I LOVE to eat great food so he took me to Cabo Fish Taco for dinner before the service. KABOOM....we had Mahi tacos and baby those are good. Now for most of you fish tacos does not sound like a meal you want to take a bite of ...just like me when I heard we were going to eat them. I learned early on in our relationship....probably day one or two that Tim and I eat and enjoy most of the same things so I trust him and they were fabulous.
OK let me go ahead and explain the way I write...well it is generally the way I talk which usually jumps subjects and skips around....grammer ok as long as I use the spellcheck.
I am so excited about this! There are so many things I want to say and talk about and eventually I will get to all of them. I can start by saying the title of this blog..."What a Surprise...and I am not even talking about this new blog" is all about the day I met Tim online. Most of you probably know we met online using one of those matching systems which I will not us the name of and give credit to b/c they are continually emailing us and asking if we want to sign back up and find the "love of our life". Hello!!!!! We already opted out and told you we did that! Anyway enough of that. (On a side note anytime I hear their commercial music I do my little happy dance!!!! Well I guess I probably just let you in on who the company is!)
It all started with just a hello and I liked his answers to my questions . Well after I found out how much he loved God, loved Duke and the movie, "The Notebook" it was all over and I was hooked! By the way did I mention what a hunk he is and still is and is still constantly working out daily in the gym for me, his woman, and well only he will know what this is about but I can not wait until football season starts and it's PANTHER Sunday at our house!
Did I mention we have a new house!!! Only 5 more days and we can start unpacking boxes in our new house. I guess that means we should start packing some of the boxes here first!
Have I mentioned how alike we are? Let's see.....our first date was oh about 11 or 12 hours. We started off with lunch just to see how that would go. Secretly I was so excited to met him I changed clothes 10 times and just prayed all the way there that God would have His hand in our time together. After lunch we decided to ride to a park and talk. Well we rode around for I couldn't tell you how long and finally decided to buy a map. After putting gas in the truck (oh yeah he bought a new truck and had it for about 5 days and after meeting me and deciding that traveling to Welcome in a gas guzzzling truck would be costly he traded for the Honda...see he was already a brilliant man!) About 4 hours later on a park bench we got hungry again (told you we like to eat) and went to Carraba's. After that our first movie "Reign on Me". We walked out of that theater hand in hand and I didn't want to go home. So not even 4 months later we are buying a house, starting a life and have never looked back.
Tim and I share so much in common from loving God, great food, movies, Christian music, cinnamon crunch bagels with honey walnut cream cheese, sports, being active, loving our kids and well I could go on and on. But the most awesome thing for me everyday is watching him be the man of God that loves me, our kids and loves life. There is nothing hotter in a man than watching him give praise to God. We just got back from AtlantaFest (see Tim's blog for website...if you love God and Christian music you have to go with us next year!) and had the most awesome time together. God blesses our time so presciously. I am in awe of how Tim prays....even over food it is something that just reaches my heart. Powerful stuff.
To all of my single friends......It's worth the wait to find the man that God has in store for you!
To all of Tim' single friends.....jump on the wagon and follow him to PEAK and try and catch up to the guns my baby is packing!
I have found my joy. God has placed joy in my heart and everyday I wake up with it!
Tim makes me a better mom and Christian. He is my soul mate and I never want to spend another day without his smile, his eyes, his music and his ability to make taquitos and mac and cheese at 11:00 at night. I have never had a single doubt about Tim, our relationship or how lightening fast we have moved. I know that the online service sent us each others profile but God was the beginning and has been with us every day.
This is an awesome journey that we get to share with each other and the people brave enough to read our blogs because get ready we tell it like it is! We love to laugh, sing and have fun so maybe soon we can blog a movie ..(I don't know if we can do that but I will ask my technologically gifted hunk of a man and see if we can!)
To Tim,
Baby everyday with you is a gift from God and I promise to love you and always keep Dominos on speed dial when the grill breaks or my cooking goes haywire! I am so excited about moving into our new house and raising our family together! You are my everything and I choose you to spend my life with. I am sitting on the couch and watching you work. So focused and good-looking! I promise to always love you and to never touch your tv / stereo without supervision!
Thank you for being such a faithful man of God! Thank you for taking us to church and praying with us and putting us first. Thank you for being silly with me, taking care of me when I don't feel good and being you.
I love you
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is my new favorite web site!!!
I just love hearing how GOD brings couples together. Especially when it is my dear son, Tim and his sweet Ashley. When GOD brings a man and woman together, you know it was meant to be and it is an awesome feeling. I know, I have this with my wonderful husband. I am looking forward to reading the updates. Hey guys, just 4 more days till Moving Day!
Post a Comment