Sunday, June 24, 2007

My First Post - Dedicated to the woman I love..

First off, I want to say HEY!! Hey to whoever might stumble across this blog or whoever might be pointed to this blog by me or Ashley. We thought this would be a cool little venture for us to do together to open up to others about the wonderful time we share with each other, and have someway to document our experience together as well as hopefully share with others the wonderful blessings our Heavenly Father has bestowed upon our relationship now and in our future marriage together as Husband and Wife.

She has no idea I'm writing this write now, nor does she know I've created this blog. This has been something we have been talking about for the last month of so, but honestly, I've just been too lazy to do it. Well, maybe lazy is a bad word... let's use.. busy.. :-).. Yea, that sounds much better. This first post is more or less pointed and dedicated to "my girl", the woman that blesses me by just her mere presence.. I did not realized that being "loved" the right way felt sooo good! If there happens to be any ladies out there, that need to know the right way to love and care for their man, then you need to shoot Ashley an email! She will surly lead you in the right direction. I want the world to know that she has turned my world upside down... and I mean that in a good way... Ok, maybe I should say that she has turned my life "right-side" up.

Before I met Ashley, I was so up and down, back and forth, left and right... I was probably the most indecisive and flakiest person you could have ever met. I never made a decision and stuck to it. This included my work, my relationships, and most importantly, my faith and salvation. I even lost my best friend in the entire world b/c I couldn't commit to anything! I was just so full of broken promises and compulsive lies that he thought it was better to disassociate himself with me before I pulled him down as well. (I will defintely expand on this later..) However, through the wonderful grace and mercy, of Jesus Christ, and the prayer of others, He placed someone into my life that would change it profoundly. I will let her get into the details of how we met, all I will say is thank God for online dating :-)!! I knew from that first date, which was 12 hours of course, a personal record for me...I knew it was something that only God could set up. God had to be involved for a woman that beautiful to want to hang out with me for 12 hours on a first date! I'm sure we will both expand more on our first date in later posts, but I just want her to know that not only am I a better man today because of her... but I'm..a stronger man...a better father...a more dedicated Christian...I could go on and on about how she has strengthed me in so many ways, but I want to take the time and go over each one with specific examples on this blog.

I'm so glad we have decided to do this, b/c not only will it provide us with a "virtual" scrapbook of the wonderful relationship we have with each other, but more importantly we hope others will read this and realize that when you truly meet the person that was in God's Will for you to meet, you will be happier, you lives will be fuller, and you smiles will be brighter..

So to my dearest Ashley, this post if for you baby! Let's rock this thing like Family Force 5 just did at Atlantfest 2007! I know most of you have no idea what that reference means, so just follow the links and put the pieces together! You will notice in the coming blog posts, they we are both Christian Music freaks, and we will reference alot of music and artists you probably never heard of. We will do our best to use links so you can enjoy the sounds of our favorite bands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you and Ashley found each other. I told you that GOD would send you the right woman. Just ask and wait...and you shall receive...and you did!!! GOD hears our prayers!!! I also told you that when it was the right one..you would know..and you did. I know GOD's hand is on this relationship, but it is up to you and Ashley to keep it together. The devil doesn't like see us in a loving relationship, especially when GOD is involved. It takes three to make a relationship work. You, Ashley and GOD. So always continue to keep GOD in the center of your circle of love, and the devil will have to stay on the outside. He will show his ugly self now and then, but remember... GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME, THEN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD!